Frozen Tundra Dynasty League

Home of the Frozen Tundra Dynasty League!

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Gameplay Rules

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gonzo
Commissioner

PostSubject: Gameplay Rules   Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:18 pm

1. This is a Dynasty league with an entry fee ($40 USD). So, if you're not looking for a league that you have to pay to be a part of, let me save you some time, and reading. This league will consist of 16 dedicated managers and will operate in a Dynasty format, similar to a keeper league.The change being that all players, not just a select few, are protected going forward to next season. We will attempt to simulate a real franchise by adding a rookie draft and minor league team as seasons pass. This isn't easy, and requires patience and years of dedication, but if you're up for building a hockey dynasty, read on, and read thoroughly.

2. We will likely look to start the draft in September once all teams have been settled and entry fees have been recieved. You will be allowed to trade draft picks (also conditional), players, and waiver spots. However, for our inaugural NHL and NHL Rookie Drafts you must trade equal amount of picks. If you trade 2 picks in the NHL Draft you must get back 2 from the NHL Draft. You CAN'T trade 3 from the NHL Draft and get back 2 from NHL Draft and 1 from NHL Rookie Draft. You CAN'T trade 2 NHL Draft picks for 1 NHL Draft pick. The ONLY EXCEPTION is if you trade an NHL player you already selected for NHL Draft pick (or anything along that line). Multi Team Trades are allowed, but are capped at 4 teams. No more than 4 teams may be involved in a single trade. The same stipulations apply to multi team trades that apply to 2 team trades.

After the inaugural drafts are completed you may trade odd amounts of picks and players. Just keep in mind you can not go over your roster limits. You can have as many draft picks as you want, but once the draft pick signing comes along you can not go over your minor league roster size. Minor league rosters will consist of players drafted in rookie drafts that haven't yet played in the NHL. Once they have been called up to the NHL you will need to clear space for them by dropping a player or making a trade. There will be a limited time to do this that is still TBD. Minor league rosters will also be capped at 8 players; this could change, but is 8 for now.

3. Trade Vetoes will be handled by a select group of people. We will set up a trade council that will be consisted of Matt, myself, and someone else from the league. We will also have a 3 person backup list who will vote if anyone from the trade council is involved in a trade. For example if Matt trades with Team Y, we will bring somone up from the backup list to vote on Matt's trade. 2 Approval votes for a trade to pass and 2 vetoes for a trade to be denied. The following criteria will be used to judge a trade:
- Is it legal? Are they trading players they own? Correct amount of picks?
- Do we suspect collusion? If we determine collusion has occured the trade will be vetoed.
- Damages parity of league by signifcant margain. Every trade will have winners and losers, but if it gets to a point where the trade makes no sense and the GM can not defend it in anyway we will veto it.
- In the rare occasion where a GM quit during a pending trade it is automatically vetoed, or if it is determined a GM is gutting his team and quitting we will veto it.

4. You will be responsible for updating your own roster during the off-season (especially during draft). You can customize it anyway you want within reason. You simply type the players names out, you can put pictures of your players, where they live, what kind of car they have...or whatever. But again if it is ridiculous, or offensive to other members, we will ask you to take it down. In your rosters you must have your NHL roster, NHL Minors roster, and draft picks listed. During the season you are not requried to update the major league players on your roster, but any future draft picks or minor league players you aquire via in-season trade should be updated at the time of the deal's approval to avoid confusion. You can update further if you want, but it is not a must. All trades (whether in-season or off season) should be posted on this page anyway. Matt or I will, in the near future, post up skeleton rosters for all 16 teams teams that will consist of the decided upon roster spots as well as rookie draft picks and minor league roster spots. Once you claim a team you can dress it up however you want, but you must display all of the initial information in some form.

5. We are going to try something new in this league in regards to accidental drops. Being this is a money league and not just for shits and giggles (some maybe, lol) we need some kind of rule. Once you drop a player he is NOT yours. We will not reverse the transaction. CBS asked more than once if you are sure. The only exception we have is our own Can't Cut List. Each GM will be able to designate up 8 players from his NHL squad and up 5 from his minors squad to this list. These will be posted somewhere on the site. If one of these is dropped we WILL reverse it, but only if he is on the list. You can change your list at any time (No you can not change it after you cut someone).

6. The draft order for the Inaugural NHL Draft will be determined randomly by an online site. The results will be e-mailed to each GM. The draft order for the Inaugural NHL Minors Draft will be the reverse of the NHL Draft order. Both of these inaugural drafts will be snake drafts.

After season 1 we will have an NHL Entry Draft. This will be just like the real NHL and will consist of players just drafted (if we had one this year it would consist of the Stamkos class). This draft order will be determined by the previous season's standings. It will not be straight up 16 through 1, but it will be something to that effect .View Complete Details Here.

As of now there is no Rule V type draft like there is in baseball, but down the road it could happen. If ever the league raches a state where Matt and I feel it is in the league's best interest to have one of some kind we will.

7. Waivers are not a big factor in this league with the way it will be set-up, but it is here anyways. It will be COMPLETELY RANDOM for year 1. We will be use an online random generator to determine the order (just like our drafts). For year 2 and be long it will be reverse standings from previous season. There will be a much larger write-up written somewhere else with all the details.

8. Off-Season Movements: During the off-season you may NOT add or drop any players unless notified elsewhere. You are welcome to trade as much as you want. You can trade and have 60 players on your team if you want.

9. Pre-Season Rosters: There will be a deadline set-up for when your rosters have to be set. At that time you must set all the requirements given. It will include max players on NHL Rosters, max players on NHL Minor rosters, and probably some other things. If you have a player who will start season on the IR he will still count towards your roster. You cant have a max roster + him.

10. No "statement" trades. If one occurs for reasons like you want to show the league how bad an offer was, upset at a prior veto, and etc it will be vetoed and you will be punished. Don't ask me how...we'll think of something...forfeiting a draft pick or something.

11. Any league changes will be made during the offseason. We will decide if it is in the league's best interest to vote on a topic or for me to decide soley.

12. Activity: Yeah the obvious; you must be active. If we feel you aren't we will warn you and may punish you in ANY way if it comes to that (Yes it may involve kicking you out and no you will not get a refund).

13. $Money$: Yes the most important part to some of you. Most of the league lives in the U.S., but not everyone. When we refer to an amount of money it will be in USD. You may via PayPal, check in mail, or cash in mail. No change; if anyone sends me quaters or loonies I will slap you . You must pay before the the draft order is issued. No pay half now and pay half later crap, because you do not trust Matt and I. DONT join if that is the case. Once the draft order is issued for year 1 the money is the league's money. It doesn't matter if one second after the order was released and not one move has been made; we are not inclined to give you a refund. We may, but we DONT OWE YOU ONE CENT. If you act like a complete retard or are inactive and we kick you out we DONT OWE YOU ONE CENT. I know PayPal sometimes charges a small fee when you use their service so it is your resposibility to cover that fee. Not to be a dick or anything, but it can be difficult to be in a money league with people you don't really know. As I said, if you're not comfortable turning the money over then please don't join up. While the entry fee is TBD at this point, it will need to be enough to cover the league itself and a nice prize for the winner and runners-up, as well as perhaps some monthly prizes depending on how much people are willing to pay.

14. Rules are subject to be added at any time. You will notified of them but an excuse of I didn't see them will not be accepted if you break the rule. Appropriate actions will still be taken
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tay353ca

PostSubject: Re: Gameplay Rules   Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:59 am

Question: So we will have 8 players in the minors going into the year 2 entry draft.... where do our 8 new players go?

Also.... I think that it would be cool if we could call players up, and send players down... but when a player is sent down for the second time in a season, he has to clear waivers. That would stop people from constantly calling people up then sending them down when their game is over.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gonzo
Commissioner

PostSubject: Re: Gameplay Rules   Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:37 pm

tay353ca wrote:
Question: So we will have 8 players in the minors going into the year 2 entry draft.... where do our 8 new players go?

Also.... I think that it would be cool if we could call players up, and send players down... but when a player is sent down for the second time in a season, he has to clear waivers. That would stop people from constantly calling people up then sending them down when their game is over.

Year 2 and beyond the draft is only 4 rounds. You would have to cut 4 players or call them up (unless we decide otherwise).
Actually it is once you call someone up you can not send them back down unless they are sent back down in real life.

I forgot to post all the minor league stuff, will get on it right now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Gameplay Rules   Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:38 pm

Do you guys have a payout schedule set in place yet?

I know you're still working on the entry fee, but perhaps a % schedule such as:

Winner receives 60%
Runner-up receives 30%
3rd receives 10%

Just curious as to what the payouts will look like. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Gonzo
Commissioner

PostSubject: Re: Gameplay Rules   Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:14 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gameplay Rules   

Back to top Go down

Gameplay Rules
Page 1 of 1